Future Education for Counselors
I look forward to meeting you and helping you on your journey. I am honored to be a CEU provider for EMDRIA as well as a Regional Trainer for the Florida Mental Health Counselor Association.
Goal: Attendees will be able to define and identify the physiology of shame. They will be able to define the differences between shame, guilt, humiliation and embarrassment as Sandra unpacks the three common ‘shame shields’ we use to protect ourselves from feeling shame. She will also present hands on activities for therapists to practice with the option to use the resources in their next session.
Goal: Attendees will be able to describe the role of the therapist and discuss those key elements contributing to the effective and empirically based approach to heal and to change with an emphasis on Dr. Stephen Finn’s work. She will highlight ‘Karpman’s Triangle’ as it relates to the therapist and client in session.
Goal: Attendees will be able to summarize the key strategies and powerful tools utilized to overcome shame and foster resilience. These tools will be practiced through out the 6 hours of training:
- Physiology of Shame (Brene Brown)
- Spiraling Technique (EMDR Training)
- Defining Shame exercise (Brene Brown)
- Shame Resilience exercise (Diane Poole Heller)
- Shame Shields exercise (Brene Brown)
- Permission Slip exercise (Brene Brown)
- Shame Release exercise (Dr. Robert Miller)
- From Childhood to Self-Talk (Brene Brown)
- Reframing with Self-Compassion (Sandra Stanford)
- Inner Child Guided Imagery (EMDR Training)
- Shame Resilience Exercise (Brene Brown)
The FMHCA Office| email@example.com | 2101 Vista Parkway Ste 250 | West Palm Beach, FL 33411 | 561-228-6129
Get In Touch
1067 Cheney Highway
Titusville, FL 32780
Mon – Fri: 10am – 9pm
Weekends: 10am – 3m